Newsletter - March 2016 - Proactive Care update
Programme: Proactive Care
Outline: Delivering person-centred care within a community setting – introducing integrated neighbourhood teams across the borough. The primary focus of these new teams will be on working with people who have long-term health needs in order to provide co-ordinated health and social care packages.
Progress: Integrated team in place in Cheadle – wider roll-out planned for the coming months.
Update: An investment of £5.57m has been signed off to fund the delivery of the Proactive Care programme during the financial year 2016/17.
This will investment will be used to fund:
- Additional GPs and Advanced Nurse Practitioners based in the neighbourhoods to help avoid admission to hospital for people with complex needs
- Significant additional capacity in the integrated teams to fund more district nurses, social workers and support workers in the neighbourhoods and to work extended hours over 7 days a week, allowing the teams to better respond to the needs in the neighbourhood
- Additional investment in medicines management capacity in the neighbourhoods
- Mental health liaison workers to work as part of the neighbourhood service
- Continuation of end of life care services
- Some administrative capacity to help make multi-disciplinary working a reality and take administrative duties away from front line practitioners